Monday, December 20, 2010

Driving notes: Day 1

Did my morning chores and drove to work.
-Can't tell if the car pulls right, or if the steering wheel is offset left.
-Lost clutch for a bit. Playing around with the clutch pedal I pushed it all the way down. Heard and felt a clunk. Next time I drove the car the pedal wouldn't return after a push. I was able to get it back, and did another chore only engaging the pedal enough to shift (or enough to start the car). It was better on the way to work. We'll see how it is on the way home tonight.

-tires are loud. Shop notes say loud suspension, so I may be confused.

-Dome light out. Mentioned before. Keeping it in the middle position, which should be Light on When Doors Open.

-Battery weak? The car starts, but feels like it barely starts.

-Steering wheel is missing a thumb-nub. This is annoying.

Going to drive it after dark. The headlights turn on but are hazy. We'll see how bad they are. Also, my mailbox is on a steep hill, so starting after getting the mail may be hard.

UPDATE:
The car pulls right. If the steering wheel was off, the car would track straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment