Thursday, December 9, 2010

daily update- More good news

Coolant system good, although hoses are old. Keeps pressure; going to test the pressure overnight.

AWD works on ground, not in air. On the ground in the gravel all four wheels will spin. On the lift, you can hold one tire and the rest will spin. I think this is normal in the unlocked position. I still don't think the SW center lock is working, but we're going to take one step at a time.

They don't have the GTX version of the 323 manual at the shop, so I'm taking the manual to them tomorrow. Not having it seems to be slowing down the work.

We're going to pow-wow on the next step, but they're leaning toward replacing the rear brake pads before they start damaging the discs. (I have 4 wheel disc brakes? Given the age and slot of this car, I'm almost surprised I don't have rear drums)

No comments:

Post a Comment