Saturday, March 5, 2011

Updating problems

Holy cow! For the first time ever, the interior lights came on last night when I opened the door. Don't know if this is related to putting the fuses back in or something, but it startled me.

Speaking of, even with the fuse, still no rear defroster. Strangely, the dash light doesn't come on when I insert the key like all the others do. I wonder if it's related. I'm thinking I may start checking fuses to see if any are busted.

No luck either with locking the center dif. Light flashes on the dash, but I nether hear or feel the motor working. Tried it with the motor off or on, both with the car not moving.

The defroster is my #1 problem now, as I can't drive with it frosted over, and we get frost in winter when I want to drive it. Front windshield is #2. It's both cracked, as well as the aftermarket tint being too wide. Both would get fixed with new glass.

Both headlights work, and even with their frosted lenses I can still see where I'm going. I have a replacement for the cracked one, and I have polish for the other.

Temp gauge is still not working. Shop said it's either the sensor or the wire.

Battery seems weak, and that makes starting in cold weather slower.

Still haven't checked the airbox. There's a K&N sticker under-hood, but as we found out, that's not a guarantee.

I've not opened the hood as the hood release is another problem the GTX has. Opening it would allow me to fix the headlight and check the airbox.

I'm using a 2x4 to keep the hatch open. I need to repair the right strut mounting stud on the hatch. It's broken off (new stud?) and maybe a new strut too, although I still have the old one (with the broken stud inside). Fixing this would also help with opening the hatch.

Still also need to replace the plug wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment