Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The End part 2?

Went to the dealer today. I had forgotten how new car dealers only have 'new' used cars. Some of the other 'cash for clunkers' cars weren't even drivable. Looked at a 09 Subaru Impreza (16K), and at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that caught my eye online.
It's a no-option Limited with 14.5K miles. MSRP on a new one is $39,680. Unlike the Ford Explorer, where the Limited is the top of the line, the Overland is the top Cherokee, with the Limited next. The Overland adds variable ride height (Quadra-Lift) (useful off road for more ground clearance), wood & leather heated steering wheel, Vented seats, and come stock with 20" wheels instead of 18". The Luxury package adds the wheel, seats, power liftgate to the Limited for $1500. The off road package costs $550 for lots of different skid plates.
It gets 16/23mpg with the V6 and still has 290hp. My charger with the 360hp hemi is listed at 16/25, but my average is close to 16mpg.

Going back tomorrow at 10am. The more I think about this, the more I'm not going to do this. The Charger does its job well, the F150 hauls stuff ok, the Mazda seems to be reliable, and once I get the rear defroster fixed will only be missing ABS from being a true winter fighter. To trade all that for one vehicle that tries to do it all is hard. Yes, getting $4500 for the Mazda is nice, but I only wanted to get a cheap vehicle to replace it, not trade all 3 in.

No comments:

Post a Comment