Thursday, March 31, 2011

NOT the end

I went to the dealer with the idea of trading in the GTX on a better awd vehicle. There seemed to be no inexpensive awd vehicles, but they did have a used 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited, which I test drove.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited was full of features, but if I were to buy new I would either go to a lower or higher model. The 290hp V6 felt underpowered, with it needing to downshift twice and make a lot of noise just to accelerate onto the highway. Actually, it needed to do that just to keep up with traffic from a stoplight. If I build my own, I'd get the 5.7l V8.

As expected, they tried to overprice the vehicle, originally trying to ask more than MSRP of a new one as the starting point. Telling them what I expected, MSRP-$7000 (KBB) - $4500 (clunker trade)= ~$28000 was too far apart for them. So I passed.

I offered to buy the cheapest awd vehicle they had, but that garnered no interest from the dealer. So, I'll keep my vehicle(s) and pack this information in the back of my mind in case I wreck a vehicle or one wears out.

No comments:

Post a Comment