Friday, March 30, 2012

More second hand GTX problems

Just got another update on my ex car.
Water pump belt (not the accessory belt that had problems before?) snapped. This was fixed, but then soon afterwards the water pump itself exited the vehicle. I guess it didn't unscrew first but pulled the screws out. I believe it's not fixed yet, and there's no idea on time frame. If the screws stripped, might have to heli-coil to put in new threads. I wonder what the thermostat said during the belt and water pump problems? I replaced the sending unit so the dash would read the temp, but afterwards it never went up more than a little more than before the replacement. I assumed the actual thermostat was a low temp unit and kept it cool.

This car can't stay running. I feel bad about this affecting a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment