Saturday, March 3, 2012

alternator updated

Talked to him, and he confirmed the information I'd received second hand. He does have a spare battery, so they know it's not a battery problem. I told him to take the spare alternator to a parts store to test it (which I think some do), and if it's good, install it. I'd go help him tomorrow, when I normally have a day off, but I have to work instead. I still think, and he confirmed looking at the shop manual, that this is an easy job although Mobil rates it 3 of 5.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/DIY/Replacing_An_Alternator.aspx

I've offered to pay for a replacement alternator if the spare is bad. If I do, it'll be a rebuild unit. I won't bother saving more buying a junkyard unit, nor spring for a new unit that costs 50% more.

No comments:

Post a Comment