Monday, December 5, 2011

Car almost beat me

Right after I posted the last entry I went out to the GTX to drive home, and the driver door was frozen shut. After trying to get it loose, I tried the passenger door. It too was frozen shut. Again it refused to budge. After going back and forth trying to get them open, I tried the hatch, and it opened easily. My parcel shelf has been wired for speakers, so I can't remove it. So, I dropped the back seats and crawled into the back, under the shelf, into the back seat. I righted the back seats, and moved both the front seats to allow easier access to the driver's seat. Once in the front, I started the car, managed to shoulder the driver door open and used my scraper to clear snow and ice and drove home.

Drove it again two days later. No problems getting in and starting it, but when I turned the defroster on, it started snowing in the car. Not having AC, it was sucking outside air into the car. Once the engine warmed up, the hot air prevented it from snowing. Still, a weird effect. When it first started, I checked to see if the moon roof had opened or leaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment